Installing + settings
- Download Nishita - Photo Blog Theme
- Install the Custom Query String plugin and Activate the same
- Go to Options > Reading and change Show at most to 1 post
- Go to Options> CQS and choose ‘is_category’ in Condition. Enter the number of thumbnails you wish to show on the Category Archive pages. (All –> -1)
- Go to Options> CQS and choose ‘is_month’ in Condition. Enter the number of thumbnails you wish to show on the Monthly Archive pages. (All –> -1)
- Upload the theme folder to the path wp-content/themes/ and then activate it from the Presentation > Themes page.
- Go to Write > Pages and create a blank page called "Archives". Select Archives Template under Page Template. Under Post slug write "archives".
- Upload the photo (both full size and thumbnail versions) via FTP to appropriate folders. Full size images should be 720px in width and thumbnails should be 75px in width.
Copy the URL's of the images you've just uploaded. Go to Write Post. Paste the URL of the full size image in the post body field and the URL of the thumbnail in the Excerpt field. Write in the title and chose a category and post.
Remember - If you are like me and Do Not *Use the visual rich editor when writing*, then you should write the full html code for the image -
<img src="" alt="" />
- If you want to add a description, you can do it under the picture in the post body field.
The navigation menu is in the header template (Presentation > Theme Editor >Header).